Terms and Conditions of Use
- Terms and Conditions
- This page describes the terms and conditions (the “Terms”) that govern your use of this website which can be found at sf.havas.com (the “Website”).
- The Website is owned and operated by Havas Worldwide San Francisco, LLC, whose address is 200 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10013 (“us”, “we”, “our” or “Havas”).
- Please read these Terms carefully. By accessing and using the Website you are deemed to have read, understood and agreed to the Terms.
- This Website may contain information, text, data, graphics, photographs, videos, sound recordings, illustrations, artwork, names, logos, trademarks, service marks and information about Havas and its clients (the “Information”).
- The Information is not intended to, nor does it, constitute legal, accounting, business, financial, tax or other professional advice or services. The Information is provided on an information basis only and should not be relied upon.
- The Website and Information is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis and we do not guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, performance or fitness for a particular purpose of the Website or any of the Information. No responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of Havas for any errors, omissions, or inaccurate Information on the Website. Further, Havas does not warrant that the Website or any of the Information will be uninterrupted or error free or that any defects will be corrected.
- In no event will Havas be liable for any loss including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss, or any damages arising from loss of use, data, or profits, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of this Website or any of the Information.
- Use of the Website
- You may not access parts of the Website to which you are not authorized. You are not permitted to use, or cause others to use, any automated system or software to extract content or data from the Website for commercial purposes. Being exposed to advertising is a condition of accessing the Website.
- Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis. We update the Website regularly and so may change the content at any time without notice to you. We reserve the right to withdraw, vary or suspend the Website at any time without notice.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary to access this Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons accessing the Website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms.
- You agree not to use the Website for fraudulent purposes, and not to engage in any conduct that may damage the image, interests, or rights of Havas or our parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates, a client of any of the foregoing, or third parties. You also agree not to take any action to damage, disable or overburden the Website, or hinder, in any way, its normal use and operation.
- The Website contains links to other related World Wide Web Internet sites, resources, and advertisers. Since Havas is not responsible for the availability of these outside resources, or their contents, you should direct any concerns regarding any external link to such site.
- Should you breach the Terms, or any other particular terms or conditions contained in the Website, Havas retains the right to limit, suspend or terminate your access to the Website, adopting any technical measure necessary for such purpose.
- You must be 13 years or older to subscribe to all parts of the Website.
For more information, please read our Privacy Notice.
- Copyright and Reproduction
- The contents of the Website are intended for your personal, noncommercial use. All Information published on the Website are protected by copyright and owned or controlled by Havas or the party credited as the provider of the Information. You shall abide by all additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any Information accessed through the Website.
- You may download or copy the Information and other downloadable items displayed on the Website for personal, noncommercial use only, provided that you (i) maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein, and (ii) give acknowledgement where appropriate.
- You are not permitted (except where you have been given express permission to do so) to adapt or modify the Information on this Website or any part of it and the Information or any part of it may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any other way to any third parties for commercial gain.
- User-generated content, comments, and submissions
- You are solely responsible for the content of your Submissions to the Website. You shall not upload to, or distribute or otherwise publish to the Website, any libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, or otherwise illegal material.You agree that you will not threaten or verbally abuse other users of the Website, use defamatory language, or deliberately disrupt discussions with repetitive messages, meaningless messages, or “spam.”You agree not to use language that abuses or discriminates on the basis of age, race, sex (including pregnancy), color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, military status, or as otherwise prohibited by applicable local, state, and federal law. Hate speech of any kind is grounds for immediate and permanent suspension of access to all or part of the Website.
- Without the express approval of Havas, you may not distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation of funds, advertising or solicitation for goods or services through the Website.
- You acknowledge that any submissions you make to the Website (i.e., user-generated content including but not limited to: comments, forum messages, reviews, text, video, audio and photographs, as well as computer code and applications) (each, a “Submission”) may be edited, removed, modified, published, transmitted, and displayed by Havas and you waive any rights you may have in the material being altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you.
- You grant Havas a perpetual, nonexclusive, world-wide, royalty free, sub-licensable license to content you submit to the Website, which includes without limitation the right for Havas or any third party it designates, to use, copy, transmit, excerpt, publish, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, create derivative works of, host, index, cache, tag, encode, modify and adapt (including without limitation the right to adapt to streaming, downloading, broadcast, mobile, digital, thumbnail, scanning or other technologies) in any form or media now known or hereinafter developed, any Submission posted by you on or to the Website.
- Websites or web pages to which this Website is linked are for information purposes only and have not been reviewed by Havas. We accept no responsibility for the content of such websites or web pages, nor do we accept responsibility for any losses or penalties incurred as a result of your use of any links or reliance on the content of any website to which this site is linked. Havas does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external websites that link to this Website or are contained in this Website. Links do not imply that we are, or our Website is, affiliated to or associated with such linked websites.
- You may not frame, link or deep-link this Website to any other website without our prior written consent. Should you wish to frame or to set up a link / deep-link to our Website please contact hh‑email@example.com.
If Havas authorizes a link, it will be in accordance with the following terms:
- You will only link to this Website in a manner that is fair, legal, and does not damage Havas’ reputation or take advantage of it;
- The link will only connect to the homepage of this Website;
- In no event will the authorization granted by Havas mean that it: (i) sponsors, cooperates with, verifies or supervises the content and/or services provided through the third-party website, or (ii) is liable for the third-party website content;
- The third-party website shall be in full compliance with applicable laws and may never host any content that: (i) is false, inaccurate, incorrect, or contains any adult or illegal material or any material that is offensive, harassing, or otherwise objectionable; (ii) misleads or may mislead the user about Havas’ adherence or subscription to, or support of, the ideas, statements, or expressions, either lawful or unlawful, of the third party; and (iii) is inappropriate or irrelevant relating to the activity of Havas.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking authorization at any time and without notice. In any case, in the event of breach of any of the above terms, Havas shall proceed immediately and without prior notice to deactivate the link.
- Computer Viruses, Worms and Trojan Horses
- While we use reasonable endeavors to protect this Website from computer viruses, worms, Trojan Horses and similar detrimental code (the “Destructive Features”), we do not warrant that the Website is free from such Destructive Features and accept no liability for any damage that may result from the transmission of any Destructive Feature via this Website or via any files which are available for you to download from the Website.
- Changes to the Terms
- Havas reserves the right, at its discretion, to make changes to any part of the Website, the Information or these Terms. Should these Terms be amended, Havas will publish details of the amendments on the Website. By continuing to use the Website you agree to be bound by these Terms as amended.
- If these Terms or any part of them should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable under the laws of any state or country in which these Terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent that they are so illegal, invalid or unenforceable, they shall in that state or country be treated as severed and deleted from these Terms and the remaining Terms shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable in that state or country.
- Events beyond our control
- Havas will not be responsible for any breach of these Terms caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- Governing law
- These Terms will be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to the choice of law provisions thereof.
If you have any questions or concerns about material which appears on the Website, your use of the Website, or these Terms, please contact hh‑firstname.lastname@example.org.